Sunday, November 22, 2015

Pumpkin Soup

Two food blog posts in one day?! What is this insanity?!

It's been a lazy Sunday spent in my kitchen! I had some pumpkin puree left over from my pancakes the other day, and decided to whip up some pumpkin soup. I scaled the recipe way down because I didn't have much pumpkin left (and honestly, I'm only cooking for one) so if you decide to try this out you may want to double the amount of ingredients. Here's what I did:

Ingredients:
-1 cup pumpkin puree (canned)
-2 cups chicken stock or broth
-1/3 cup heavy cream (I opted for almond milk instead to keep it healthier)
-1/4 cup chopped onion
-1/2 tablespoon Flavorgod™ Garlic Lover seasoning
-1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
-3 pieces of turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
-Black peppercorn to taste

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in medium-sized saucepan, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. I saved some of the turkey bacon bits to sprinkle on top. That's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment