Tuesday, March 11, 2014

New Beginnings


I decided that for my first ever health and wellness blog post, I want to talk about something very, extremely, INSANELY important: your self worth. So often do I see people constantly critiquing themselves; telling themselves they aren't strong enough, fast enough, flexible enough, good enough, or just simply, enough. As if outside critics aren't already rampant, sometimes our own thoughts are the harshest.

I have been an athlete all my life, I was always playing sports growing up and as I got older I got very serious about competitive running. All through high school (and some college) I was so tough on myself. I was never truly satisfied with my achievements because I always told myself that there were others out there that were better than me and that I needed to keep pushing myself to compete with them. Well let me tell you, you can only push yourself so hard until you end up hurting yourself either physically or mentally. I did both. I got caught in a whirlwind of anger, self-hate (and stress fractures) and came to hate running. I decided it was best to take a hiatus from the sport that I used to love so much and let my mind and body be at peace. I stopped running for about 4 years. During that time, I built myself back up and I found my self-worth. I found yoga, too (which will probably be a whole blog post on its own). I recently took running back up and I LOVE every second of it. I love my body, I love when I run fast, I love when I run slow, I love when I sweat, I love when I'm out of breath, but most importantly, I love myself for getting out there and just doing it no matter what the outcome is. If I run a race and don't hit the time I wished to hit? So what? I no longer beat myself up about it or try to compete with anyone else. I honor my body and I know my self worth, and you know what? 

YOU ARE WORTHY TOO. 

We are capable of absolutely anything, we need only to believe in ourselves and know that we are worthy of greatness! Please, if you are reading this and you struggle to find your self worth, contact me! 

Have a blessed day, namaste ❤️

3 comments: